[Tlhingan-hol] Eurotalk - New Words - Colors

Michael Roney, Jr. PKT nahqun at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 12:52:49 PDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 7:37 PM, Felix Malmenbeck <felixm at kth.se> wrote:
> It would've been nice if the colors that aren't differentiated between here (such as green and yellow) had been accompanied by some sort of comparison (for example, orange could have been Doq 'ej beqpuj rur, and green could have been SuD 'ej *qo'larngan rur (where *qo'larngan is the word I use for the Orion race).

I would only want that to happen if Okrand was in charge of the shades
presented.
The CD-ROM version has a different image file than the Download version.
And they are free to change the file in the future as well.

Plus that would add more confusion to the Klingonist newbie.

And WRT skin tone; Orions aren't all the same shade.

And I'm curious how you came up with *qo'larngan.
Did you bring it up in the recent discussion on Orions?

~'anan naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.
Professional Klingon Translator