[Tlhingan-hol] EuroTalk word for "postcard"

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 02:47:14 PST 2011

QeS 'utlh:

> I've just noticed something very peculiar about my copy of the Eurotalk
> software while going through it again: 'echletHom is only found in the
> pIqaD version. The romanised text gives it as ngeHmeH QIn nav "paper for
> sending a message".

Sorry for resurrecting an old message, I'm going through the Eurotalk
vocabulary right now and entering them into my lexicon.

{ngeHmeH QIn nav} is "message paper for sending".  Did you mean {QIn
ngeHmeH nav}?  I know the text was replaced so it doesn't really count as
canon, but presumably if a Klingon was asked to describe what a {QIn
'echletHom} is rather than just name it, he'd say whatever the original
text was, and I'm curious as to whether it told us anything new about how
{ngeH} is used