[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' wa'vatlh chorgh: <Qel De' lI'>

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Thu Dec 22 07:46:40 PST 2011

At 05:10 22/12/2011, De'vID jonpIn wrote:
>Qov:
> > So, I'm back from Indiana (where, by the way, I watched A Klingon
> Chrismas Carol, an impressive feat of Klingon language presentation
> by a cast that does not themselves speak Klngon.
>
>SuD veqlargh mInDu'.

jIDo' 'e' vISov 'ej loQ jIDogh. vagh leQmey (ESC, F7, F9, F10, INS
je) Hutlh De'wI'wIj. Indiana vIghoSmeH, De'wI' chu' je'meH Huch
vIlo'ta'mo' lojbogh leQmey vIleghDI' leng Dun vIqaw.

>Qov:
> > Most of the time the dialogue was clearly understandable without
> reference to the surtitles, except that the Vulcan narrator
> deliberately used a Federation Standard accent when citing Klingon
> phrases, such as "hipdock," a mystery to me until I checked the
> projected translation and saw "red shirt."
>
>Dogh vulqanganvam.

Dogh 'ej tlhaQ. tlhInganpu' parba' 'ach paQDI'norghvaD cherghnIS 'e' ghet.

>Qov:
> > If you're not crazy enough to travel to the event, you might look
> into getting the DVD they are distributing of last year's
> production. The more people order them, the quicker they will reach
> the required number of orders and press them, so that I get mine. :-)
> >

>Do'Ha' 'amerI'qa' SepjIjQa'Daq neH ngeHlu'law'.
>
>They seem to ship only to US addresses.  Are you having someone
>forward it to you?

bIlugh. Not only do they only ship to US addresses but they only
accept US credit card numbers. I have (this is common for Canadians,
for this very reason) a US address available to me and that address
is also attached to my credit card, but the number is identifiable by
computers as a Canadian VISA card, and some insular merchants will
reject it for that reason. ghunchu'wI'vaD DeQmey vInobta' 'ej QuvDaj
pawDI' ngeHqa'.

- Qov