[Tlhingan-hol] tlhIngan Monopoly vISuq rIntaH!

Adm qe'San qeSan at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 6 17:11:05 PST 2011

For info Marc was 100% responsible for this translation {nuqDaq puH Duj
vIngIp}.  In that sense it doesn't really matter if you want to say that but
the way it's phrased is Marc's and therefore a canon example when you want
to say other things.

Although I wrote the original translations everything was reviewed by Marc.
Here's a quote from Marc after about 8 months working on the project:

Marc Okrand  1:58am Jul 25
qe'San --

I just sent the (final?) version off to the EuroTalk folks.

Since you worked on this before, I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts.
(And also interested in hearing about any typos you catch.)

I left some alone, and changed some. Most of the changes were because I
either took a slightly different approach to translation (there are always
many ways to translate the same thing -- what you did was very clever
indeed!) or else I took the opportunity to invent a new word.

The really hard ones were for things that are not part of Klingon culture,
of course. I just can't imagine a Klingon using toothpaste. But no matter.

All the best,

- Marc