[Tlhingan-hol] BBC segment on Klingon and copyright

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sat May 14 01:18:48 PDT 2016

Am 13.05.2016 um 19:04 schrieb De'vID:
>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03tzgb0

Thanks to qurgh and to De'vID for this. I have added this to the Klingon
wiki, so if anyone likes to add something...

http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/BusinessMatters

> Here's my transcript of the interview.
[...]
> MO: Ha (a laugh)... tlhIngan Hol vIjatlh. ngeDqu'.

Hm... For all nitpickers: this "could" be the first canon evidence to
write {Ha} as a way to express laughing sound (which many people on this
list do anyway). (to be added to the exclamation {'o})

 > BBC: jum'a'? Hol ngeb 'oH tlhIngan Hol'e'.
 > (But isn't it odd to learn a pretend language?)

Not to all beginners: this is I nice example to recast the phrase "Isn't
it odd that..." or "Is it odd to..."

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh