[Tlhingan-hol] Forum or email group ?

chransberry at gmail.com chransberry at gmail.com
Tue May 3 09:58:41 PDT 2016

Of course there are pros and cons; a forum has things organized, so it could
be easier to find a thread that would otherwise be buried in the inbox
somewhere, and also it doesn't flood one's inbox, particularly if someone is
gone for a while, but they can still access it. And of course there's the
ability to lock threads, and delete trollish posts.

On the other hand, it seems that people who are not sincerely interested in
the topic are less likely to join a mailing list than a forum. So we don't
really have a troll problem, from what I can tell, whereas on a forum that
might be more of an issue. And of course there's the ability to read
messages offline, which you can't do on a forum, as was mentioned before.
And in my case a mailing list is preferable because I use old glitchy
devices, and my browsers are prone to freezing and crashing, while my email
app is significantly less so. So if we were voting, I'd vote for the mailing
list.

-QISta'

Verbing AWESOMES language!