[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon used in brief of amicus curiae

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon May 2 14:14:20 PDT 2016

Am 02.05.2016 um 23:02 schrieb De'vID:
> By now, you may have seen this document:

Yes, and it's great. I hope it may influence the court in a good way.

> "intellectual property law" - {yab bang chut}
[...]
> I'm curious to know how {bang} went from "lover" to "property"!

Hm... first I thought it may be because "my property" is also "my
beloved one" - but then I checked bing, and {bang} is what Bing gives as
a translation from "property".

Again, it's Hamlet, Act II, Scene I:

This is the very ecstasy of love
Whose violent property fordoes itself

teHbej. 'ej ralmo' Dotlhvetlh, Qaw'egh bang.
'ej SuDbogh Qu'mey nIDmeH, yabDaj tlhu'moH.

> I wish they had asked an actual speaker to do the translation.

Yes - but fortunately, the judges won't recognize that. But asking a
atrue speaker would have been even better, because it would even more
prove that it's a true language, instead of just a game created by a
computer software. :-/

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh