[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Hun

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Mon May 2 13:00:32 PDT 2016

Am 02.05.2016 um 21:32 schrieb DloraH:
> nom is an adv, not a verb, so this can't be contructed as a usual comparative.  We don't have a way
> to say:  n1 [fast] law n2 [fast] puS.
> And while lengqu' does seem a little weird at first, he couldn't put the -qu' on the adv could he?

no, since {-qu'} is a verb suffix. We do have at least one other example
where -qu' goes to the verb modifying the adverb, ST5: nom yIghoSqu'.

It's all a very vague theory, but I once summarized that in the wiki on
http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/ComparingAdverbs
and
http://www.klingonwiki.net/En/Fast

Okrand has said there is no (known) verb "to be fast", by the way.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh