[Tlhingan-hol] Mailing List vs Forum vs. Social Media

PICHLMANN Christoph Christoph.PICHLMANN at agrana.com
Mon May 2 07:10:30 PDT 2016

I guess a forum could be configured to address most, if not all of these points. But it would lose a lot of flexibility in the process. (Though getting rid of people who need to spam animated stuff is worth a lot.)

Sending mails for new topics should be easy, though. I'd be concerned about being spammed with mails, though.

The main drawback of email is that it's not a universal standard. Half the mails I get from the mailing list are hard to read because the apostrophe is more of a catastrophe...

If the server can understand all mails, De'vIDs idea of the "forum" UI would be a great way to keep the mailing list while having a "forum" of sorts.

Christoph

 Message: 6