[Tlhingan-hol] Mailing List vs Forum vs. Social Media (was Re: How would you feel about new Klingon)

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Mon May 2 05:54:36 PDT 2016

You have to go to a forum and navigate it to remain current with what's
going on.  As the days lengthen and the snow melts, I have only time to scan
tlhIngan-Hol messages, and read a few, but at least I get them and can see
what's going on in the same medium that I am checking anyway.  Depending on
the  forum software, it would also probably be harder to filter messages on
content and sender.

Another thing I prefer about e-mail is that mine is pure text, making it
impossible for idiots to fill messages with dancing smilies. You could
probably compromise with a system that automatically posted e-mails to a
forum or turned forum posts into e-mails, except for the e-mails of anyone
who used animated emojies: their accounts should simply be deleted.

- Qov