[Tlhingan-hol] KLCP 1 vocab practice...

qov at kli.org qov at kli.org
Sat Mar 26 21:45:02 PDT 2016

Dojqu' SajlIj!
Your pet is very impressive!
- maj

navmeyvetlh DawoDchugh bIpay.
If you throw those papers away you will regret.
(a bit insecure on this one... I want to say you will regret it, but  it doesn't seem like a {-chugh} clause can be referred to with {'e'}.)

- A good trick for when English does that ambiguous "it" thing is to throw in another noun: navmeyvetlh DawoDchugh wIv Dapay. But I know no reason why your original sentence can't stand.

vIwoDlaHbe'! SajwIj nujDaq bIH!
I can't throw them away! They're in my pet's mouth!

- Okrand always seems to put -taH on a pronoun when it's been used as to be with -Daq.

Doj nIm wIb chab.
The cheesecake is impressive.

- reH Doj nIm wIb chab. 'a not wIb.

- Qov