[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: mojaq

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Mar 18 10:45:35 PDT 2016

Some figurative possibilities for saying "I'm busy":

ghIlab ghewmey vIbuSQo'.

("I won't dwell on glob flies.")

This would be very disparaging towards the thing you are too busy to do; you're not necessarily saying that your current tasks are too important for you to consider a new task, but rather that the new task is too insignificant.

wa' DoS neH vIbuS.

("I focus on only one target.")
This is a modification of the saying wa' DoS neH yIbuS! This suggests that one activity already takes up most of your time, and that you'd rather get that right than add another task.

Alternatively, if you have a lot of different tasks already, you could perhaps say DoS chu' vIbuSbe'nIS. ("I must not focus on a new target.") or 'Iq ray'wIj. ("My targets are too many.")

You could even say 'Iq ray'meywIj. ("My targets-scattered-all-about are too many.") to give the statement a sense of chaos.

Or maybe DoSwIj vIqIpta'DI' DoSlIjDaq jIQeqlaH. ("When I've hit my target, I can aim at yours.")