[Tlhingan-hol] tlhoS

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Mar 18 00:48:44 PDT 2016

I've been considering the adverb {tlhoS}, and I've run into quite some
difficulty in understanding the way it is supposed to be used.

The source of my confusion is in cases I want to express something
like {almost all the (subject)}. In such cases the subject must of
course be last according to the OVS rule, but the {tlhoS}, being an
adverb must precede the OVS. But if I write the {tlhoS} before the
OVS, couldn't someone be confused as to whether it is referring to the
object instead of the subject ?

Unless of course I could use {tlhoS} in a way similar to {neH},
placing it after the noun it is referring to. But I don't think that
this is allowed..

Can someone shed some light on this ?

mayqel mIv Hurgh qunnoq
negativity, eternal negativity, holy negativity