[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: mojaq

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 10:15:31 PDT 2016

Qov:
> If this means that you tried to remember 'agh without looking it up, then majQa'.

yes indeed ! thanks ! the word just came to my mind, so I went on and wrote it..

jIH:
> mojaq'e' lutuchbogh DaghItlhvIp 'e' wIHar
Qov:
> You know that the -'e' there is not required, right?  It puts extra emphasis
> on mojaq, such that I'd translate the sentence

hmm.. interesting. I hadn't thought of the possibility that adding an
{-'e'} which isn't needed could alter the meaning. To confess my sin,
I like adding the {-'e'}, because I like the way it looks. (It sounds
strange I know..) If I could, I would be adding the {-'e'} everywhere
! But now that you showed me, that apart from unnecessary and
redundant, it could alter the meaning too, I will be more careful from
now on.

thank you very much for your comments Qov !

mayqel mIv Hurgh qunnoq
eat everything or you'll die without honor