[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: HeySel

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 03:03:24 PDT 2016

jIH:
> tej maw' yaH lunarghpu' HeySel Qob.
> dangerous atoms escaped the mad scientists laboratory.
Ca'non master:
> {Qulpa'} = (research) laboratory

thank you voragh ! I wonder why I didn't think of this..

jIH:
> novvetlh boqIpDI', nachDaj DungDaq narghpu' HeySel Doq law'.
> when you hit that alien, many red atoms appeared above his head.
SuStel:
> So far as we know, you can't apply two adjectival verbs to a single noun

now that you mention it, I remember reading about this at qurgh's
site. I liked your suggestions, especially the {Doqbogh 'ej law'bogh
HeySel}, which I saw for the first time.

jIH:
> reH HeySel chu'vaD DInej 'e' lupar nuv law'.
> many people dislike that we are always searching for new atoms.
SuStel:
> {nej} takes the thing being searched for as its object, so you can just say {HeySel chu' DInej} "we search for new atoms."

once again, because I was careless, I didn't pay attention to the
complete {nej} translation which is "so search FOR". I hope I will
become more careful from now on.

jIH:
> HeySel 'IHvam wItu'meH qIb HopDaq wIve'nISpu'.
> in order to discover this beautiful atom, we needed to travel at a
> remote galaxy.
SuStel :
> The {-vam} is not a type 5 suffix, and so does not migrate to the {'IH}.

oh yes.. again this was due to carelessness.

thank you very much SuStel, for taking the time to reply !

mayqel mIv Hurgh qunnoq
tagh paH taHbe'. DaH mu'tlheghvam vIqelnIS.