[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: 'alngegh

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Sun Mar 13 10:08:06 PDT 2016

On 3/13/2016 11:28 AM, mayql qunenoS wrote:
> juHDajDaq 'alnegh luSampu', chotwI' ghaH 'e' luSov.
> when they located the ax at his house the knew that he was the murderer.

You forgot the {-DI'} on {luSampu'}.

> 'alneghvammo' may' taHpu' vavlI'.
> because of this ax, my father survived the battle.

I'm not sure one can {taH} something. Try this instead:

    rInDI' may' 'alneghvammo' taH vavlI'
    when the battle was done, because of this axe my father survived

Or simpler:

    'alneghvammo' may'Daq Heghbe'pu' vavlI'
    because of this axe, my father did not die at the battle

This resembles the proverb in THE KLINGON WAY:

    QI'tomerDaq Heghpu' Hoch
    no one survived Khitomer
    (literally: everyone died at Khitomer)

> bIQeHchoHmo' 'alnegh Da'uchHa'nISbej.
> because you became angry you definitely need to let go of the ax.

Consider also {chagh} "drop."

> porghrajDaq pe'vIl 'alnegh QemjIq chu' wIpoSmoH !
> we will tear you a new ax hole !
> (I'm sorry for writing this.. I just couldn't resist..)

Ha!

http://trimboli.name