[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: bo

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sun Mar 13 04:19:58 PDT 2016

jIH:
> ravDaq pumpu'mo' bovetlh, QeHchoHpu' nov 'ej HoDma' qaDpu' ghaH.
SuStel:
> I wouldn't bother with {-pu'} on {QeHchoH}. {-choH} is itself a form of aspect
> though TKD doesn't call it that: it's the aspect of something not happening and
> then happening.

very interesting comment ! I hadn't thought of {-choH} being a form of
aspect, and now that you mention it, indeed it *feels* as another form
of aspect.

jIH:
> SaD bo Dabajchugh vaj qaSaw.
> if you earn a thousand feathers, I will marry you.
SuStel:
> Though I have seen exceptions, you generally want
> to use a number before a number-forming element.

thank you for pointing this out. I don't know why, but somehow I had
the misconception that both {SaD} and {SanID} can be used on their
own, without a number preceding them.

thank you SuStel !

mayqel mIv Hurgh qunnoq
death while standing is preferable to life while kneeling