[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tey'be'

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 08:04:26 PST 2016

thank you voragh for sharing these canon sentences !

QISta':
> megh vut tey'be'wI' 'e' nID 'ach SIjwI' SamlaHbe'.
jIH:
> Other that that, I think that you should move the {tey'be'wI'} from
> it's current positition to place it after the {nID} :
> megh vut 'e' nID tey'be'wI' 'ach SIjwI' SamlaHbe'.
SuStel:
> Not necessary. I actually prefer it the way QISta' did it: it gets the subject
> out sooner, so you're not left hanging as to who's doing the action.

this confuses me ; the way I understood the SAO until now, the
sentence preceeding the {'e'} functioned as the object ; and the
subject needed to come last (after the {'e'}). O 'e' VS. Doesn't the
subject always need to be placed last ? The way I analyze the original
sentence, it goes OS 'e' V. ?!?!?!

cpt mIv Hurgh qunnoq