[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tey'be'

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 03:05:00 PST 2016

QISta':
> megh vut tey'be'wI' 'e' nID 'ach SIjwI' SamlaHbe'.
> My cousin tried to prepare lunch, but couldn't find a knife.

As SuStel pointed out, whenever we use the word {tey'be'} we need to
use further context as well, in order to specify as to the what kind
of tey'be' we are referring to. Other that that, I think that you
should move the {tey'be'wI'} from it's current positition to place it
after the {nID} :

megh vut 'e' nID tey'be'wI' 'ach SIjwI' SamlaHbe'.

my tey'be' attempted it (what did he attempt ?) (and now comes the
part after the 'e'} : that he cook lunch ; here the first part of the
sentence is concluded and now follows the : ..however he wasn't able
to locate the knife.

I hope you don't mind me writing these comments.. If you do however
please do tell me !

mayqel mop mIv je Hurgh qunnoq HoD