[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: tey'be'

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 10:57:23 PST 2016

there are two word groups I cannot understand, as far as the need for
their existence is concerned :

1. the whole group "the son of the brother of the sister's mother of
the third cousin of my grandmother's second uncle.."
2. to use the whatever toe.
when I was compiling my dictionary, I couldn't understand their usefullness..

..and now that I made my daily confession, I will write my sentences.

'IHbej tey'be'wI' 'a buD ghaH.
my cousin is definitely beautiful however she is lazy.

'aj tey'be' ghaHmo' lunum.
because she is the admiral's cousin they promoted her.

tey'be'wI' SoHmo' bInayDI' jISaH.
because you are my niece, when you marry I will be present.

tey'be'wI' SoH 'ej choSuv. qatlh choHIv.
you are my niece and you are fighting me. why do you attack me ?.

ben law' vavlI' luHoHta' romuluSngan. DaH yIntaHchugh vavlI',
tey'be'wI', DatuHchoHmoH.
many years ago the romulans killed your father. now, if he continued
to live, my cousin, you would have shamed him.

loD mIp tey'be' SoHmo' bIHaDQo' ; bImIpHa'chugh vaj bIHaDbejtaH.
because you are the cousin of a rich man you refuse to study ; if you
were poor, then you would definitely be constantly studying.

'aj tey'be' SoHmo' qaHoHbe' 'e' DaHar. tagha'Ha' 'aj vIHoH, ghIq qaHoH je
don't believe that because you are the admiral's cousin I will not
kill you. first I will kill the admiral, then I will kill you too.

tey'be'wI' SoH 'e' vIHarQo'.. chotojmeH bInepbej.
I refuse to believe that you're my cousin.. in order to deceive me you
are lying.

mayqel mIv mop je Hurgh qunnoq