[Tlhingan-hol] ghIQlI'

qov at kli.org qov at kli.org
Tue Jan 26 07:38:34 PST 2016

lugh lojmIt tI'wI' nuv. Doj SerlIj. ghojmeH laH Daghaj 'ej bIvumqu' 'ej bI'Ijqang. quqDI' Dochmeyvetlh maDo'.

Put "to-be" sentences on your list to work on after {-meH}. There are a couple here that confused me.

In short: {A 'oH X'e'} is a complete sentence meaning "X is A," and any other words added have to have some connection that makes sense.  X and A must both equate to nouns. You can also say {X'e' A 'oH} for the same meaning, but it is less usual.

qa'naDa'ngan ghaH Qov'e'. = Qov is a Canadian.
or
Qov'e' qa'naDa'ngan ghaH. = As for Qov, she's a Canadian.

Also I'm not sure ngIq means what you think it means.

- Qov