[Tlhingan-hol] Why Klingon is perfect

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 07:47:03 PST 2016

lieven :

> This happens with most languages. Some are easy to translate, other
> nearly impossible, but if one knows nothing of a language, it's hard for
> any language.

I think that for Klingon it is way more difficult than other languages
; When I learned english, very soon after I started learning, I could
take a dictionary and translate virtually everything..

lieven :

> The latest word count I did revealed about 90 suffixes and about
> 1960 single words.

ok, you're right. However it all depends on how one composes his
dictionary, I created mine to be English-Klingon and I wrote it in an
"expanded" way ; for example I have an entry <aid, assistance boQ>,
and another entry <assistance, aid boQ>. The reason is simple ; maybe
I'm searching for the word <aid> but I don't remember that it has the
synonym <assistance>. If I only have <assistance, aid boQ> then I
wouldn't find what I wanted. In this way my dictionary has 3573 words.
I wrote however that Klingon has 2700 words, because I think that
lojmIt tI'wI' nuv had wrote so some time ago, so I thought "who am I
to argue ?" hehehe

jIH :

> 7. Because pIqaD can actually be writen by hand, in contrast to other
> conlangs' characters which are extremely difficult - even impossible -
> to write by hand.

lieven :

> Go tell a chinese that writing chinese is impossible! :-)

Actually I have told this to a japanese ! hehehe. However, it was
Vulcan that I had in mind.

lieven :

> Esperanto has only one page of grammar. (well, that would explain
> why so many people speak it)
> Indonesian language also has no tense.

I didn't know these facts. However Klingon is still superior, because
not only does it have each one (or similar) of these two attributes,
but because it has both of them, as well as all the other reasons
mentioned in the original mail.

nuq Hol mutlhlu'bogh Dun law' Hoch Dun puS ? Hoch nuv wuv 'oH 'a
jIHvaD tlhIngan Hol 'oH.
which language which has been constructed is the greatest of them all
? it depends on the individual, however for me it is Klingon.

Qov :

> Reveal the secret place where the ones like you who are
> willing to learn Klingon reside!
> chay' Hol Datu' 'ej chay' jutu'?
> Why did you take it up, start learning it.
> "If the way we acquired you can be useful again, then I want that we use it
> a thousand times."

muquvmoHqu' mu'meylIj 'ej vIqotlhbe'bej, 'a choghelmo' SoHvaD lutwIj vIja'..
your words honor me greatly and I definitely don't deserve it, however
because you ask I will tell you my story..

ben law', puq jIHtaHvIS muvuQ peghmey ; peghmey Dochmey je, luSo'lu'bogh.
many years ago, while I was a child secrets fascinated me ; secrets
and things that were hidden.

bItlhabmeH Dochmey DaSo'laHnIS reH 'e' vIHar.
I always believed that in order to be free, you need to be able to hide things.

bIQaDmeH Dochmey DapeghnISlaH.
In order to be safe, you need to be able to keep things secret.

vabDot Dajqu' je peghmey !
moreover secrets are cool too !

jInenDI' jIchoHbe' vaj Holmey lumutlhboghlu' lutulu' 'e' vIghojDI', jIQub :
when I grew up, I didn't change so when I learned that there are
constructed languages I thought :

mayqel Dochmey DaSo'meH, Dun mIwvam !
michael, this is a great way to hide things !

wejHa' De'ngop let DaSo'. DaH HollIj DaSo' !
you're already encrypting your hard discs. now encrypt your language !

qaStaHvIS bI'reS, *mordor* Hol qIj vIHaD.
at the beginning I studied the black tongue of mordor.

Holmey lumutlhboghlu' mu'ang QIbmey joHmo',vIHaD 'ej vIparHa'qu'mo'.
because from the lord of the rings I found out the existence of
constructed languages, I studied it (the black tongue) and because I
liked it a lot.

'ach *mordor* Hol qIj vuSlu'mo' vIlonpu'.
however because the black tongue of mordor was limited, I abandoned it.

toH jinejqa'..
so I started searching again..

romulusngan Hol vulqangan Hol je vItu' 'ach vIpar.
I found romulan and vulcan however I disliked them.

'ej pay' *omniglot*Daq tlhIngan Hol vItu' ! pay',Do' !
and suddenly at omniglot I discovered Klingon ! Suddenly and by luck !

qatlh tlhingan Hol vIghoj vIneH 'e' vIwuq ?
why did I decide to learn Klingon ?

meq HujvaD..
for a strange reason..

vemDaj vImuSHa' !
I fell in love with its looks !

tlhoSHa' !
really !

qaStaHvIS mIllogh wa'DIch, bang 'oH !
it was love at first sight !

boQwI' vIlI' 'ej boQwI'Daq tlhIngan Hol yejHaD tetlhvam je vItu'..
I downloaded boQwI' and there I learned of KLI and this list..

boghpu' qunnoq !
so qunnoq was born !

the rest is history, and I'm honored now to be part of the Klingon family.

Qapla' !

cpt qunnoq