[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: {-'e'} and {-bogh}

qov at kli.org qov at kli.org
Thu Jan 21 11:01:15 PST 2016

I did mean this to go to the list, so people can see that it has been answered, and so that lurkers can get the benefit. I didn't delete anything in the attributed text. Comments inline.

It will be glorious.  It is excellent to all different  accents speaking Klingon, to show what mistakes we are making.  Do not be afraid to speak up and tell people that they have a German or American accent in Klingon. We all want Klingon accents, but we end up with American ones because of who the dominant speakers are. it is very important to have different first languages among our speakers.

> > If you're looking for a new challenge, you might consider writing a
> > story or a description of a picture. Find one that interests you and
> > describe it, with a link. A couple that caught my eye:
>
> ok, as soon as I find the time, I would definitely like to try that, however
> these pictures look way too complicated for my current Klingon level.

Write whatever you like. I simply suggest that once you have gone through all the bits of grammar in TKD, the best way to find out what else you need to know is to write thoughts, as opposed to writing grammar. Here's an easy one:

http://875357559f655c0fd9842374.eventingnation.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Black-Cat-Sitting-On-Horse-Wallpapers.jpg

> anyway, thank you very-very much Qov, for teaching me the use of {-'e'} !
> Without your help, there is no way I would have ever understood it !

I wonder how many people never dare to ask enough questions to understand it.  I look forward to having the KLI mailing list well-indexed so that future generations of learners can follow your journey.