[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: {-'e'} and {-bogh}

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Wed Jan 20 09:41:42 PST 2016

I only had time to work on the translation of the klingon sentences,
so here it is :

{HejwI' vem'e' tu'bogh Hoqra' qon yaS.}
<The officer recorded the rober's tracks which were found by the tricorder.>
I don't think that we put place the {-'e'} anywhere else here. If it
was placed on the {Hoqra'} the meaning would be <The officer recorded
the tricorder, which found the rober's tracks>. I don't think this
makes sense in english.

{'IH Hoqra' 'uchbogh yaS'e'.}
<The officer who holds the tricorder is beautiful.>
Same here. I don't think we put place {-'e'} on {Hoqra'}. Then we
would have <The tricorder which is held by the officer is beautiful>.
Maybe, a tech freak could characterize a tricorder as being
"beautiful" but still..

{QI' yaS ghaH yaS'e' Ho'bogh loDnI'lI'.}
<The officer who is admired by your brother is a military officer.>
Maybe here we could place the {-'e'} on {loDnI'lI'} ; then we would
get <Your brother who admires the officer, is a military officer>.

{QI yaS ghaH'a' QI 'avbogh nuv'e'?}
<is the person who guards the bridge, a bridge officer?>
I don't think we could put here the {-'e'} on the second {QI}, because
then we would be asking if the bridge is a bridge officer.

Doq meyrI''e' yughbogh loS reD 'Impey pIrmuS 'a SuD ra'Duchmey Dabogh
Dopmey.
<The square is red which consists the four sided pyramid bottom,
however the sides which act in the manner of the triangles are SuD
(green,blue,yellow).> I guess we could place the {-'e'} on pIrmuS, if
we wanted to indicate that the bottom is red. On the second sentence
(after the {'a}) I don't think that the {-'e'} could be placed
anywhere, because the sides are the triangles as well, so there isn't
anything to distinguish or clarify to the listener.

moH yang ghIHmo' toqwIn'e' laSta'bogh 'aj.
The only way I can think of this making any sense, is if the {-'e'}
was removed from the {toqwIn} and placed on the {'aj}. Then we would
have the meaning <The image of the rubber stamp is ugly, because the
admiral who inked up the stamp was careless.>

{pIm 'uSqan'e' lo'bogh no'ma'.}
<The iron which was used by our ancestors is different.> I think we
could place here the {-'e'} on {no'ma'} thus having <Our ancestors who
used iron were different>.

Hopefully, tomorrow I will have the time to translate the english
sentences too..

cpt qunnoq