[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: {-'e'} and {-bogh}

lojmIttI'wI'nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 10:40:15 PST 2016

The most common verb prefix error in Klingon is noticing that a plural subject with a singular object requires {lu-} instead of the null prefix.

So, if you said {Duj nej wa’maH wa’ rewbe’ chenmoHpu’bogh qoq le’}, we’d know that the singular, special robot searched the ship. If the eleven citizens searched the ship, the sentence should be {Duj lunej wa’maH wa’ rewbe’ chenmoHpu’bogh qoq le’}.

So, you’ve accidentally created a case where the {-‘e’} is not necessary, because of the difference in number between the two potential head nouns.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv