[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: {-'e'} and {-bogh}

qov at kli.org qov at kli.org
Tue Jan 19 09:43:10 PST 2016

> nIn Hutlhmo' jIHaw'meH chalDaq muD Duj vI'orbogh, Qob chal.
> The sky where the ship in which I fled is without fuel is dangerous.
>
> --
> De'vID

I can't parse that.  bIqID'a'?

I can't attach jIHaw'meH to anything but chal, and I can't figure out the
role in the sentence of muD Duj vI'orbogh.

 The best I can do is "Because it lacks fuel  in the sky for me to flee...
the aircraft I pilot ... the sky is dangerous."

I'm guessing jIHaw'meH is supposed to reach through chalDaq and modify muD
Duj, but when do we ever see a modifier go through a type-5 like that?  They
create such a barrier in the sentence that the type-5 itself is forced to
migrate, as it does to adjectival verbs and even numbers.

- Qov