[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: {-'e'} and {-bogh}

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Tue Jan 19 06:31:48 PST 2016

thank you De'vID for replying, but I still don't understand. So, I
will translate your reply into DIvI' Hol.

{chalDaq Qob nIn Hutlhbogh muD Duj} ghItlhlu'chugh, cha' DuHmey tu'lu':
if someone writes {chalDaq Qob nIn Hutlhbogh muD Duj}, there are two
possibilities :

1. {chalDaq Qob nIn Hutlhbogh muD Duj'e'}
    the airplane which lacks fuel is dangerous at the sky
2. {chalDaq Qob nIn'e' Hutlhbogh muD Duj}
    ??? (I can't translate this) ..maybe "the fuel which is "lacked"
by the airplane is dangerous at the sky"???

nIn Hutlh muD Duj. Duj DamaghmeH {nIn Hutlhbogh muD Duj'e'} yIghItlh.
the airplane lacks fuel. In order to indicate the airplane you must
write {nIn Hutlhbogh muD Duj'e'}

nIn DamaghmeH {nIn'e' Hutlhbogh muD Duj} yIghItlh.
in order to indicate the fuel you need to write {nIn'e' Hutlhbogh muD Duj}

mu'tlheghvetlh Dapojchugh, DuHbe' [the sky where there is an airplane
without fuel is dangerous].
if you analyze this sentence, it isn't possible [the sky where there
is an airplane without fuel is dangerous].

{-bogh}, {chal} je rarlu'pu'be'.
someone doesn't connect {-bogh} and {chal}.

ah, ok.. now I see. maybe you try to tell me just that ; that in the
original sentence the {-bogh} can't refer to {chal}. That no matter
how I propose to translate it, only one of two things can be dangerous
: either the airplane, or the fuel.

is this what you're trying to tell me ?

qunnoq