[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: {-'e'} and {-bogh}

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 05:43:43 PST 2016

If you really wanted to state that the sky is dangerous, likely you would have to resort to something like {Qob chal nIn Hutlhmo' muD Duj}.

Beyond the problem of two Type 5 suffixes on {chal}, the root issue is that it is problematic to use a locative as a subject of a verb. It suggests that the location of a thing is doing the action of the verb rather than the thing itself. The circumstances would have to be exceptional, if it is possible at all. My imagination fails to invent a good case.

Hmm. How about:

nIn Hutlhbogh muDDujDaq Qob chal.

The sky is dangerous where the airplane lacks fuel.

Sent from my iPad
lojmIt tI'wI' nuv