[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: yuQ

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Jan 8 07:10:12 PST 2016

> Klingon Word of the Day for Friday, January 08, 2016
>
> Klingon word: yuQ
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition: planet
> Source: TKD

yuQvam
this planet (that we've been talking about) TKD

yuQvetlh
that planet (as opposed to the one we were just talking about) TKD

jaghpu' yuQmeyDaq
at/to the enemies' planets TKD

yuQ wIghoStaH
We are proceeding toward the planet. TKD

vaghmaH yuQmey
vaghmaH yuQ
fifty planets TKD

qa'vam yuQ Quv DaghojmeH Duyma'vaD yIjatlh.
[To learn the Genesis Planet's coordinates, speak to our agent.] (ST3 DVD case)

tlhIngan wo' yuQmey chovlu'chugh Qo'noS potlh law' Hoch potlh puS. roD 'oHvaD juHqo' ponglu' neH.
The principal planet of the Klingon Empire, Qo'noS, is usually referred to as simply "The Homeworld." S27

yoq yIn yuQ 'oH Qo'noS'e'. yInSIp voQSIp je ngaS muDDaj.
Qo'noS is a class-M planet with an oxygen/nitrogen atmosphere. S27

yuQ vIleng
yuQDaq vIleng I travel to the planet. (HQ [12/1998])

yuQvo' jIleng
I roam away from the planet. (HQ [12/1998])

yuQDaq jIleng
I roam (around/about) on the planet. (HQ [12/1998])

yuQmajDaq may' ghe'naQ[na'] wa'DIch wIQoybogh 'oH 'u'['e'] [sic!]
<<'u'>> will be the first authentic battle opera performed on our planet. ('U'-MTK)

yuQ SumDaq cha'puj law' Datu'
Detect large sums of dilithium on nearby planet. MKE
ALSO {yuQHom} "planetoid" (n):

TREK TRIVIA:
"There are poor planets in the Klingon systems, we must push outward if we are to survive." (Mara, TOS "Day of the Dove")

Gamma II is an uninhabited planetoid with an automated Federation communications and astrogation station. (TOS "The Gamesters of Triskelion")

Zefram Cochrane survived on the Companion's unnamed planetoid in the Gamma Canaris region. (TOS "Metamorphosis")

The Federation's library/research computer complex on the Memory Alpha planetoid was completed in 2269. (TOS "The Lights of Zetar")

The Metrons created an artificial Class-M planetoid in their space where Kirk fought the Gorn captain in 2267. (TOS "Arena")

Holberg 917G is a privately owned planetoid in the Omega system, home to the (nearly) immortal Mr. Flint. (TOS "Requiem for Methuselah")

The Kalendans created an artificial planetoid 10,000 for an outpost, last commanded by Losira. (TOS "That Which Survives")

Babel is the "code name of a neutral planetoid, site of the Babel Conference in 2267." (STE 19; TOS "Journey to Babel")

There is a research station on the Regula I planetoid (ST3)

T'Rukhemai is the small worldlet which orbits Vulcan's sister planet T'Khut (or T'Rukh) (Spock's World?).

SEE ALSO:
ghor 		surface (of planet) (n)
qo' 		world (n)
juHqo' 	homeworld (n)