[Tlhingan-hol] {'ej 'e'}

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Jan 5 09:05:09 PST 2016

If I'm understanding the issue correctly, paq'batlh includes such uses. Granted, the text of paq'batlh includes quite a few apparent errors and is believed to have been a bit rushed, but it does give us some inkling of MO's intentions.

I don't have the English translations handy, but:

paq'raD, Canto 16, Stanza 9:

SoHvaD quvwI' qem Hegh 'e' wIvDI' Hegh

pop Hevchugh quvwI'

'ej 'e' DaqaSmoHchugh jIlaj

[Here, Kahless is naming terms to Kotar, saying that he will come with him if, when death brings him the honored dead, he will make sure that they are rewarded. Furthermore, 'e' also appears to be referring to something marked with -chugh, which is rather interesting.

paq'raD, Canto 21, Stanza 1:

mInDu'wIj tIbuS molor

vay' qalay'ta'

'ej batlh 'e' vIpab

[This one is more straightforward: The statement is that Kahless has made a promise, and that he will follow it.]