[Tlhingan-hol] {'ej 'e'}

Will Martin lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 08:48:57 PST 2016

So far, I count one experienced Klingon speaker (me) who thinks that {‘e’} should not refer to an earlier part of the compound sentence in which it is contained, and I count at least three who think I’m wrong in this opinion and foolish for being stubborn about it.

Given the silence of support from any corner of the community, I concede the point. Do whatever you like with this. I will not comment on it further.

If someone actually bothers Okrand to address the point directly so that we have an actual confirmation or denial of it, I think we’d all be a bit better off than we are now, regardless of how we choose to resolve our interpretations of the grammar.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv