[Tlhingan-hol] vulqa'nganpu'

Alan Anderson qunchuy at alcaco.net
Tue Jan 5 07:25:16 PST 2016

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 9:59 AM, Will Martin <lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com> wrote:
> I look at: {qama’pu’ DIHoH ‘ej ‘e’ luSov}. I honestly don’t begin knowing how to translate it,...

Count me among those who think It seems reasonable and easily
understood. Is it unusual? Perhaps. Is it uncommon? Definitely. But is
it weird? *I* don't think so.

It looks like the focus of contention here is whether putting a
sentence in a larger structure makes it no longer a sentence. For my
part, I don't think a sentence loses its status as a sentence when
it's conjoined with another. Similarly, I don't think than a noun
ceases to be labeled a noun when it is conjoined with another noun, or
when it takes part in a noun-noun construction, or when it is followed
by a descriptive verb, even though the larger collection of words
itself can act as a noun in a sentence.

-- ghunchu'wI'