[Tlhingan-hol] vulqa'nganpu'

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv 'utlh lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 07:23:09 PST 2016

I quite honestly would interpret {qama’ ghaH. luHoHpu’ ‘ach ‘e’ vISovbe’} to mean “They killed her, but I didn’t know she was a prisoner.”

I would also interpret {qama’ ghaH, ‘ach luHoHpu’ ‘e’ vISovbe’} to mean “I didn’t know that [she was a prisoner but they killed her].”

You can come up with reasons why you think it should be interpreted otherwise, but I doubt you’ve got a strong argument about why my interpretations are necessarily wrong. I’m simply using the rules of grammar as explained in TKD, and lacking any subsequent, clear information that suggests otherwise.

lojmIt tI’wI’ nuv ‘utlh
Door Repair Guy, Retired Honorably