[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: "shut up or I'll hit you"

John R. Harness cartweel at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 12:26:37 PST 2016

Thanks for the insights, everyone! Once again proving that a simple
question can provoke a lot.

Looking through the thread I see remarks about -'eghmoH for statives and
also the appropriate uses of vaj, along with what Qov brought up earliest
re: the phrase "Surrender or die." Awesome.

For my part I want simple clarification on adverbials and conjunctions. I
see what lojmIt tI'wI'nuv is saying about vaj being an adverbial, not a
conjunction.  But dang doesn't it act a lot like a conjunction -- I mean it
is relating one statement to another: X, thus Y. Or rather: X. Thus, Y.

So what is it doing in {bIjeghbe'chugh vaj bIHegh}?

Maybe that question is really: What is bIjeghbe'chugh doing without a main
verb?