[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: Beginner's One-Sentence Story Game

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 03:56:11 PST 2016

While what you say is technically true, unless context strongly suggests "from" most Klingon speakers would interpret {HIghoS} alone as "Approach me." Literally, it means something like, "Progress along the 'me' path," without saying which direction you should travel, but most commonly, paths are named after their destination.

All three of the following are valid ways of saying the same thing:

HIghoS.
jIH HIghoS.
jIHDaq HIghoS.

None of them are superior to the other. The redundancy of some is not bad or necessary. It is optional.

The only way to clearly say "Go from me," using {ghoS} is {jIHvo' HIghoS} or {jIHvo' yIghoS}. While the latter is a little odd, it is valid since you can {ghoS} without a direct object and the meaning of {-vo'} is clear enough. Doing the same with {-Daq} is weirder because it suggests that {jIH} is a zone large enough to contain the entire path.

Sent from my iPad
lojmIt tI'wI' nuv