[Tlhingan-hol] grammatical constructions not in the main sources?

Ed Bailey bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 20:40:11 PST 2016

I was lucky to find the Grammar Addendum by ter'eS about two years ago. I
saved it as a Word document and referred to it very often, cleaning up the
formatting a little each time. Between TKD and the addendum, most of my
questions were answered. But it occurred to me that it'd be nice to have
all grammar rules in one reference work, with the additional grammar
incorporated into the outline of TKD.

Getting answers to questions wasn't the only reason I could have used that
kind of unified grammar reference. I was overlooking rules that TKD doesn't
emphasize, like no aspect marker on the second verb with SAO. A unified
grammar could give these rules proper emphasis, perhaps by extending TKD's
outline to enumerate them.

--
mIp'av yergho
bu''a'