[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: chIm

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Sat Feb 20 10:48:10 PST 2016

> Hurghchu'ghach ngay'vam 'oH !!! This is the glory of our Darkness

The translation doesn't match. How about: {Hurghchu'ghachmaj ngay' 'oH} = It is the glory of our darkness.

> ghIq qIjchoHmoH jul.
> then the sun was blackened

You're doing your weird thing with
-moH here again. What you've written means "And then the sun caused [something] to become black."

How about: {qIjchoH jul} = the sun became black, or {jul qIjchoHmoHlu'} = the sun was blackened

I'm not sure what you gain here in either language by having something unstated do the blackening.

- Qov