[Tlhingan-hol] KLBC: {-mo'} noun suffix vs. {-mo'} verb suffix

lojmIttI'wI'nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 06:28:29 PST 2016

Remember that Klingon is a language, not a code. If it were encoded English, then your question would be important because you’d have to know exactly how the code must be decoded in order for the Klingon words to become English words, and vice versa. But the Klingon words and the English words relate to each other only in the same loose connection to the original meaning of the thought before any words were chosen in any language.

French, Malasian, and Cherokee are not encoded English. They are languages. You can’t expect exact phrases to go through the process of translation exactly the same way all the time.

pItlh
lojmIt tI'wI'nuv