[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: nIq

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Mon Feb 15 02:53:08 PST 2016

SuStel :

> Careful! Type 7 suffixes are not allowed on the second verb of a
> sentence-as-object construction. When the second verb seems to need aspect
> just drop the suffix.

Thanks for reminding me this ! I had forgotten all about it !

SuStel :

> Also note that the object of {jaH} can be the destination.

This brings up something I would like to discuss, because this subject
confuses me a little.. Please read the following sentences, and tell
me if my interpretation/translation is correct.

bIQ'a' vIjaH or bIQ'a'Daq vIjaH
I go to the ocean.

bIQ'a' jIjaH or bIQ'a'Daq jIjaH
I'm going/moving along the sea. (the sea is the location where the
"going" is taking place)

Qov :

> 'u'lIjDaq nIqlaHbe''a' loD?

hehehe.. bIlugh ! nIqlaH loDpu' je !
hehehe.. you're right ! men are able to knit too !

{be'} mu' vIghItlh, reH nIqmo' SoSnI'wI'.
I wrote the word <woman>, because always my grandmother used to knit.

cpt qunnoq
DaH DIHIvbe'chugh vaj qo'chajDaq toy'wI''a'pu' DImoj