[Tlhingan-hol] Type 5 on first noun

SuStel sustel at trimboli.name
Wed Feb 10 13:33:52 PST 2016

On 2/10/2016 3:47 PM, lojmIttI'wI'nuv wrote:
> Good example.
>
> {wovmoHwI’mey telDaq} would look like a noun-noun construction being
> used as a locative. “At the wings of the lights” or “At the lights’
> wings”. That’s not what the poster is trying to convey.
>
> {telDaq wovmoHwI’mey} is not a noun-noun construction. There is no
> “genitive” relationship between these words. This is a sentence
> fragment. “At the wings, lights.”

So none of you can see what a ludicrous thing to put on a diagram this
is, given this interpretation? We don't see "on the bridge, the helm,"
or "on the bottom, the landing gear." So why this item?

If there were no N1-5 N2 restriction, would "at the wings, lights" still
be your understanding of the words?

http://www.trimboli.name/