[Tlhingan-hol] {ra'} as verb of saying

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Feb 9 05:51:35 PST 2016

Am 09.02.2016 um 14:26 schrieb SuStel:
>> So this examples makes clear that you can:
>> a) command a person: {qara': yIjegh}
>
> That could be an example of the prefix trick in operation, using the
> prefix to indicate a second-person indirect object.

I'm not sure it's the same. We have canon from TKD {chay' jura'} "how do
you command us", where the object is clearly the people recieving the
command.

To use a second-person indirect object, there should be a direct object
at least in your mind, like {paq qanob}. {qanob} for itself is more
ambiguous than {qara'}.

The clear prefix trick would be in a phrase like {bISuv 'e' qara'}.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh