[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: nob

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Feb 8 08:21:35 PST 2016

> > Klingon Word of the Day for Monday, February 08, 2016
> >
> > Klingon word: nob
> > Part of speech: verb
> > Definition: give

yaSvaD taj nobpu' qama'
The prisoner gave the officer the knife. TKD

ghIchwIj DabochmoHchugh ghIchlIj qanob
If you shine my nose, I will give you your nose. PK

cha'puj vIngevmeH chaw' HInobneS
Give me a permit to sell dilithium, your honor. PK

ro'qegh'Iwchab HInob
Give me the rokeg blood pie. PK

vaghSaD DeQ HInob
Give me 5,000 credits! PK

Huch nobHa'bogh verenganpu''e' yIvoqQo'
Don't trust Ferengi who give back money. TKW

chaq tampu'. chaq romuluSnganpu'vaD pIvghor cham lunobpu' tlhInganpu'
possibly in exchange for Warp Drive technology.
["Possibly they exchanged it. Possibly the Klingons gave warp drive technology to the Romulans"] S33

lenglIj lutebjaj lengwIjvaD bel rap, Sov [rap, ngoQ rap je] Danobpu'bogh
May your journey be filled with the same joy, wisdom, and purpose you have given mine. (Frasier)

qeylISvaD Suto'vo'qor nob qotar PB

Qu'Daj yajchu' ghaH qeylISvaD ma'veq nob
[Lukara] understood what had to be done, and gave him the *mevak*. PB

chaHvaD 'Iw HIq vInob vaj tlhutlhtaH 'e' luSIQlaHbe' PB

ngIq raQvaD cha'maH vagh QaS yInob
For each outpost pay 25 forces. MKE

bIghHa' DamejDI' pagh QaS yInob
Get out of jail free. MKE