[Tlhingan-hol] Type 5 on first noun

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Fri Feb 5 09:06:01 PST 2016

> This isn't the first time we've seen standalone noun phrases that violate
the
> rule. There's one on the Bird of Prey poster, for instance:
>
>     telDaq wovmoHwI'mey
>     Wing Lights

I always read these as the beginning of sentences that don't continue, like:

telDaq wovmoHwI'mey bIH/DIqel/lutu'lu'/lujomlu'/lujuvlu'DI'/lutoghlu'DI'

I would be very surprised to see something like {Doq telDaq wovmoHwI'mey}
but I never mind these stand-alone located nouns. I guess another way I'm
looking at them is that ordinarily nounDaq gives the location of a whole
sentence or a whole phrase, but when all there is a noun or noun phrase, I'm
happy for it to be located there. It could just be waiting for its sentence
to show up.

-   Qov