[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Ha'on

mayql qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 07:15:13 PST 2016

jiH :

> nImDaq, muvoQmeH verengan Ha'DIbaH puqloDvetlh, Ha'onmey woD.
> In order to choke me, that ferengi son of a @!@!, threw the staples in my milk.

De'vID :

> qatlh nImDaq ghaH verengan'e'?

yeah, that was wrong, and due to my misconception that the {-Daq}
needed always to come at the beginning of the sentence. Luckily,
earlier threadvamDaq ghunchu'wI' and the Ca'non master helped me
understand where a/the {-Daq} is supposed to go..

jIH :

> jIHvaD nImwIj Datatlh pagh Ha'onmeylIj lo'laH vInge' 'ej
> nujlIjvo' burghDu'lIjDaq vIyuv !
> return to me my milk, or I will take away your valuable
> staples, and I will shove them from your mouth to your stomachs !

Qov :

> Look up the Klingon for "surrender or die" and rephrase this one.

hmm.. interesting. This is another wonderful point in tlhIngan pab, I
would have missed if someone hadn't told me.. Thanks Qov !

jIHvaD nImwIj Datatlhbe'chugh vaj Ha'onmeylIj lo'laH vInge' 'ej
nujlIjvo' burghDu'lIjDaq vIyuv !

qunnoq