[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: Ha'on

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Feb 5 06:24:06 PST 2016

mayql qunenoS:
> > nImDaq, muvoQmeH verengan Ha'DIbaH puqloDvetlh, Ha'onmey woD.
> > In order to choke me, that ferengi son of a @!@!, threw the staples in
> my milk.

De'vID:
> qatlh nImDaq ghaH verengan'e'?
>
> SKI: I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't
> know.

FYI, Okrand wrote in HQ 4.2 (p.5-6):

   ... that old Groucho Marx joke, you know: "I just shot an elephant
   in my pajamas...and how he got in my pajamas I'll never know." You
   can say that in Klingon, no problem; they'll get the joke. There's
   not many jokes you can get to translate into Klingon, but that one
   would work.

--
Voragh
tlhIngan ghantoH pIn'a'