[Tlhingan-hol] How would you feel about new Klingon morphemes? [was: New expression: Klingon for "dim sum" revealed‏]

mayqel qunenoS mihkoun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 07:29:21 PDT 2016

> The KLI's Learn Klingon group on Facebook has over 1000
> people in it. More join daily. The KLI website has had nearly
> 2000 people sign up on it as guests, with several 100 joining
> as full members.

interesting facts, still the question remains: how many of these
people actually have the discipline of going through the whole process
of learning, displaying the discipline and perceiverance needed in
order to learn ?
how many start from scratch, and work their way up to reaching at
least moderate skill ?

2000 people joined the KLI as guests ? I believe you, thank you for
telling me. However, did they eventually learn ? did they actually
write in klingon ? the very fact that now they don't exist here any
more, not even as lurkers speaks for itself. did they migrate to
facebook ? unless someone tells me that 70-80% of these people
regularly write there in good klingon, then I will remain unconvinced.

I have downloaded every info I could find on quenya, romulan, black
speech, vulcan and lojban. It is only klingon though that I'm actually
learning. If I was into facebook, I would join all those groups (if
they existed there) ; but I wouldn't join them in order to learn. So
the amount of people joining anywhere doesn't actually prove
something.

most of the klingon I've seen so far, aside the klingon of this list,
are klingon of people who on one hand say "I know klingon", and at the
same time write {reHghach}. only to apply the {-ghach} not just on the
bare verb, but on the adverb.

qunnoq
per ardua ad astra