[Tlhingan-hol] How would you feel about new Klingon morphemes? [was: New expression: Klingon for "dim sum" revealed‏]

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 03:06:17 PDT 2016

> De'vID:
>> What sense of "at death" do you have in mind
>> that can't be expressed as {HeghDI'}, {Heghmo'}

mayqel qunenoS:
> the abstract sense that is conveyed by the phrase "at death I
> realized.." ; now, I know that someone is ready to hit reply and say
> "klingons aren't abstract", but this constant argument "klingons
> aren't this and that", insults my intelligence.

I don't understand (independent of any Klingons or the Klingon
language) how "at death I realised..." is in any sense abstract. If
you're dying, you're talking about a concrete death, aren't you?

What are you trying to express which isn't something like
{jIHeghtaHvIS vIt vItlhojchoH}?

An example of abstractly referring to death would be something like
"death begins at birth" or something, which Klingon would render
concretely as "one begins to die as soon as one is born" or something
like that.