[Tlhingan-hol] How would you feel about new Klingon morphemes? [was: New expression: Klingon for "dim sum" revealed‏]

Michael Roney, Jr. nahqun at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 07:26:17 PDT 2016

While it would seem odd to get brand new grammar of any sort at this point,
I wouldn't reject it, of course.
31 years is a long time to go without ever coming across a suffix.
But in that 31 years, I'm sure someone (maybe even Marc) has noticed a
shortcoming that a suffix would fix.

And languages evolve.

In universe, we're looking at a timeline of  2151 to 2379.
TKD gives us a look at the language as it was in 2285.
TKDa gives us more info from 2293-2367
KGT and TKW are written at some point later in the 2300's.

And then we have words from an alternate 2259 timeline.
And paq'batlh gives us some info on no' Hol.

We've been given 4 officially published looks at the language.
And each one shows us a little more.
And then there are the countless interviews, such as how to really use
-ghach.

With 228 years of on-screen universe to work with, plus the back fit of no'
Hol, plus the alternate JJ timeline, I'm sure Marc could find a way to work
in whatever he wanted.
With an entire planet's rich history, which became an entire Empire full of
native languages that had their own impact {qajunpaQ}, there are certainly
dialects, regionalisms, and grammar that we don't know anything about.

And all it takes is a change of power to make that the current ta' Hol.

~naHQun

--
~Michael Roney, Jr.
Freelance Translator