[Tlhingan-hol] Easter

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 21 10:53:21 PDT 2016

{lIb} "be impending, imminent, loom" is perfect, but I think {-choHlI'} is redundant.   The quality {lIb} either is or isn't applicable in the present.  What's the difference between "Christmas is imminent" vs. "Christmas is drawing near"?  Just keep it simple:
  lIb QISmaS.

 tugh qaS QISmaS.

(BTW that's one of my pet peeves:  People use far too many suffixes in an attempt to mirror the temporal subtleties of English verbs.)

--
Voragh