[Tlhingan-hol] Expressing instrumentality

DloraH seruq at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 19 23:53:50 PDT 2016

> 	We succeeded through hard work.
> 	We built the table with a hammer.
> 	We prevented war by means of negotiation.
>
> > You're right that sometimes the -mo' suffix might do the trick.
> >
> > However, the most prevalent way to talk about instruments is
> > with the verb {lo'}, meaning "to use," and the suffixes
> > {-taHvIS}. I.e., "While using X, I did Y."

Along with -mo' and -taHvIS, one could also use -meH.
raS wIchenmoHmeH mupwI' wIlo'.

Another possibility is to use two sentences.
raS wIchenmoH.  mupwI' wIlo'.

A slight difference in focus.  Which method you use depends on the fine meaning you want to put
across.

maSutlh, vaj maghobchoHbe'.

- DloraH